Fall 2017 - Open, online
This five-week course is open to all and will introduce the history, basics, and fields of application of SAR satellite data.
SAREDU - Remote Sensing Education Initiative
August 16-18, 2017
This 2.5-day course will cover the theory and application of InSAR with GMTSAR. Lectures and exercises will cover basic theoretical aspects of InSAR. Labs will include software installation and running test data sets for standard interferogram formation, as well as more advanced processing for time series of Sentinel-1A TOPS-mode data.
- Instructors: David Sandwell, Rob Mellors, Paul Wessel, Xiaohua Xu, Scott Baker, & Katia Tymofyeyeva
- Audience: Graduate students and researchers
- Location: Scripps Institution of Oceanography, La Jolla, California
- Students may apply for financial support through UNAVCO
- See web page for more information
September 18-21, 2017
Theme: “Our Harsh and Fragile Ocean,” or “How to protect the Fragile from the Harsh with application of modern technology and traditional knowledge working together."
Science topics include Remote Sensing of Marine Environments.
American Geophysical Union
New Orleans, LA
Join ASF staff at the AGU meeting this year in New Orleans. The largest Earth and space science meeting in the world is heading to New Orleans, Louisiana. Discover the city with us – enjoy world-renowned cuisine, immerse yourself in New Orleans’ unique culture, and explore one of the most vital scientific ecosystems.