Planning to visit ASF?
Here are directions from Fairbanks International Airport to the Alaska Satellite Facility, 903 Koyukuk Drive:
- Take AIRPORT WAY NORTHEAST from the airport. If you depart from the rental car parking lot at the airport, the exit will funnel you onto AIRPORT WAY. If you depart from in front of the terminal, bear left at the first intersection, bear right at the second intersection, and you will end up on AIRPORT WAY.
- Merge onto the southbound entrance, via the ramp on the left, to the ROBERT MITCHELL EXPRESSWAY/AK-3 S/INTERSTATE A3, toward Denali National Park / Nenana.
- Take the GEIST RD/CHENA PUMP RD exit.
- Turn RIGHT onto GEIST RD.
- Turn LEFT onto THOMPSON DRIVE. Continue straight until you reach the traffic circle.
- Take second RIGHT from the traffic circle up the obvious hill (Tanana Loop Road). At the very top of the hill, the big corner building is the IARC building (it‘ll be on your left). The Alaska Satellite Facility main administrative offices are in the West Ridge Research Building next to IARC. ASF Mission Support is located in Elvey, rm 227.
- Turn Right into the PARKING LOT. This parking lot is a UAF Parking Decal Required lot, with a kiosk that dispenses parking permits for a fee. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN RESERVED SPOTS.