Planning to visit ASF?
Here are directions from Fairbanks International Airport to the Alaska Satellite Facility, 903 Koyukuk Drive:
- Take AIRPORT WAY NORTHEAST from the airport. If you depart from the rental car parking lot at the airport, the exit will funnel you onto AIRPORT WAY. If you depart from in front of the terminal, bear left at the first intersection, bear right at the second intersection, and you will end up on AIRPORT WAY.
- Merge onto the southbound entrance, via the ramp on the left, to the ROBERT MITCHELL EXPRESSWAY/AK-3 S/INTERSTATE A3, toward Denali National Park / Nenana.
- Take the GEIST RD / CHENA PUMP RD exit.
- Turn RIGHT onto GEIST RD, get into the LEFT land (you have time to do this).
- Turn LEFT onto THOMPSON DRIVE at the stop light. Continue straight until you reach the traffic circle.
- Take second RIGHT from the traffic circle up the obvious hill (Tanana Loop Road). Continue straight on Tanana Loop Road. At the very top of the hill, there is a ski hut (it‘ll be on your left).
- Turn LEFT onto the road after the ski hut. The IARC building should be on your right. This road takes you to the PARKING LOT behind IARC and the West Ridge Research Building. This parking lot is a UAF Parking Decal Required lot, with a kiosk that dispenses parking permits for a fee. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN RESERVED SPOTS.
- Enter the West Ridge Research Building entrance. Bear LEFT after entering the building, then go straight down the hallway. The Alaska Satellite Facility main administrative offices are in the West Ridge Research Building, suite 105.